Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lost in the modern era

With all the new gadgets and technologies introduced recently at CES 2011, are we spoilt for choices? Are we too greedy? Do we really need the best of everything? Shouldn't we focus on being a better human being than developing better robots and computers? You might argue that most of us need those gadgets for work, but there's already enough out there that are better than what we require them to do. I'm using a 2 year old Sony handphone, simple phone that I only use for calls, texts and a bit of gaming. Having said that, I am thinking of getting the Google/Samsung Nexus S. Simply because I'll need those widgets as those Android people call it, like Google Maps for example - I'm bad with directions! What's more is the ability to surf the web when I'm not at home, and who wants to bring a laptop when you're out at dinner? So, technology drives men nuts. But is it good or bad? Depends on what you're gonna do with it, I'd say.

Okay back to the photography side! I know I've been quite recently. So what has been going on? Well, I received my first paycheck on Saturday - January 15th worth RM200 as my salary for December. That was a welcomed event, cause I was running out of cash! I didn't hesitate on spending 'wisely' though. Yesterday I brought an ND & an ND Graduate filter (both ND4s) as well as the adapter and the filter holder. All I've done since was experiment with both filters and learn how to use them properly. So far, the results have been alright, not spectacular. But I know that will come with good practice! I'll use them more as days go by, hopefully I'll master it before February!

Earlier today I went out around the neighbourhood and took some shots. All were taken with a Nikon D700 and Carl Zeiss 2/35 attached.

f/2.8 at 1/500sec , ISO 250

f/4 at 1/400sec, ISO 250

f/3.2 at 1/800sec, ISO 250
also on my flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment